I really enjoy making my own banners and buttons. I created a project banner for the sidebar on my blog that can also be used to share on Facebook, Google+, etc.
I’m super excited to share this tutorial with you so that you can make one… or a few of your very own. I’m creating two posts for the instructions because there will be several pictures to help you along the way.
I’m leaving the images smaller to try and help with load time. You can click the images to view a larger size.
1. Open PhotoScape. Click on Combine and make sure you select the Checker Tab.
2. Click the Add button and select the pictures you would like to use. Do this for each picture.
3. Once you have added all of your pictures, this is what you should have:
4. Zoom your combined pictures to a smaller size by sliding the Preview Zoom bar. This way you can see the entire set of images that you will be working with.
5. If you would like to separate your pictures a bit, round your corners or have a border around your banner, this is the time to do it. I set the outer margin to 8, rounded my corners to 40 and used the paper full setting.
6. Save your picture. I usually click the Save As button so that I can change the name of my images. Once saved, you should have something that looks similar to this…
Coming up tomorrow, I will show you how to finish up your banner.